Fire Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
A Few Do's and Don'ts
A fire always happens at the worst time possible. You might try to rush the cleanup and restoration process by beginning it yourself before calling a trusted team of professionals. Always try to call SERVPRO of Doylestown after fire damage because we're here to help.
Luckily, our team at SERVPRO of Doylestown is available 24/7/365 to help restore your property.
Before we arrive, here are a few tips to get you started on the cleaning process.
Please make safety a priority and wait until the local fire department has given the "all clear."
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call (215) 348-7755
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.